Wednesday, October 19, 2011

474. DESI GIRL IS OFF THE HOOK


In the way my phone began ringing after my relatives put my matrimonial ad in the shaadi section of the newspaper last year, my phone again is --- off the hook.

This time, it is not me, but my furniture in high and hot demand. I mean, sure, my stuff is nice – not like Ethan Allen nice – but you know, could have been on sale Macy’s and Pottery Barn outlet center stuff. But I photographed my living room set, over-sized and over-stuffed couch, arm chairs and ottoman; and the my wine rack, my lateral filing cabinet, and my framed “art”, and then put it out onto Craig’s List. Who knew I’d get so many hits?

Which now has me wondering if I low-balled myself, and I undervalue my stuff, like I under value myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quit under-valuing yourself.. and stop victimizing yourself.. it starts with YOU! Now! Never too late to change.. positive energy..positive thoughts..positive attitude towards yourself.. brings positive results..situations.. people.. to you.. and its the truth.

101 Bad Desi Dates said...

Dear Anonymous -

Well said!!! You are right, positive is the way to go!

xo,
Desi Girl