Wednesday, November 23, 2011

497. WHAT TYPE IS HE?

"What does this guy do for a living?” Desi Brother asks. I have just finished going over the washer and dryer dimensions and specifications. “He owns a company,” I reply and smack my lips. I have been eating potato chips and need to get salt off my lips. “What kind of company?” he asks. “I don’t know – some sort of tech company. I have considered the fact that he deals drugs, but he isn’t the type,” I reply. “What type is he?” Desi Brother asks.

Now this is a most interesting question. Town and Country strikes me as the type of person who is traditional, in that he has some 1960s ideas about women, but wants a freak in the bedroom. Sometimes I think this is why he is single. I am guessing based on nothing substantial than reliving conversations with him, that he wants a woman to take care of him, like his mother, so probably a desi girl (this is not to say an old fashioned woman is not non-desi) – but an old fashioned girl is probably a prude – and I can say this with some authority – I, Desi Girl, being a prude and all.

And I am not a prude because of some ethical or moral objection to sex. I just think sex means more than television shows like General Hospital and Gossip Girl depict. And frankly, this is one area of my life where I know what I am worth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You meant to say 'owns a company'?

101 Bad Desi Dates said...

Dear Anonymous -

Ah! You are CORRECT, thanks for cathing! What a team!

xo
DG