Monday, July 4, 2011

397. GROOM HUNTING DESI GIRL STYLE

I say this often – that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result – yet I am back on the matrimonial site – groom hunting desi girl style.

Sometimes I think I do this, obsessive desi dating and making this same mistake over and over again and then being surprised that things are not manifesting with a favored result, because this is safe. Emotionally insane, but safe. It, desi dating through the matrimonial site, is an action I think is subconsciously frustrating and comforting at the same time. Maybe that is why I cannot stop this sick attraction to Town and Country. It is safe. I can like him, while knowing he doesn’t “like” me in the same way, feel disappointed when Town and Country tells me again that is married to his work, nothing else. And then I go back to living my life for another three months.

But this time – this time – everything will be different. It has to be. I have become so stubborn that I am going to make this work that I become a caricature of myself. Come hell or high water I am absolutely marrying desi.

As I wade through the profiles, I begin a determined search to find someone who is not my “usual suspect”.   So when I come across someone who calls himself “flyboy” it catches my attention. I click on the profile and read. Hhhmm. No snap - but that is not the worst thing in the world. He describes himself as tall, slim and athletic. I can deal with that.

He continues on and says he’s a compassionate humanitarian interested in community service, working in a non-traditional field. This stops me – when it comes to desis who seem to be doctors, bankers, engineers - non-traditional could mean anything. And as long as Flyboy is NOT an architect I am willing to meet him.

So I click on express interest. And wait …

No comments: