Friday, December 9, 2011

511. WILL DO, GIRLY-GIRL


The following day I am exchanging text messages with Siobhan. We are trying to find some time to catch up. I don’t think I have seen her in months, and when I say months, I think it has been closer to a year. The only issue is that I am supposed to meet Town and Country to discuss this “writing” project.

Normally, I wouldn’t turn down the chance to see him, due to this ridiculous, unexplainable attraction I have to him. But after the months of not seeing Siobhan, I want to see her more than him. However, Town and Country doesn’t like to be dismissed. So I have to handle this very carefully.

Desi Girl: Hiya! How is your day? (I am hoping that an upbeat email is the way to proceed. I mean why can't I have a life, other clients or commitments? He is NOT my boyfriend).
Town and Country: Hey there. I have been meaning to reach out to you.

Uh-oh.

Desi Girl: Oh really why? (I can always hope that he is going to say something I want to hear).
Text from Town and Country: Sorry. Have to cancel tonight’s meeting. I am getting ready to leave for Boston now.
Desi Girl: Oh are you at the airport?
Town and Country: No, at home packing.
Desi Girl: Okay, safe travels. Text me when you are back and if you want to follow-up on the project, writing or house.
Town and Country: Will do girly-girl.

Ugh. I like it and don’t like it when he calls me girly-girl. It feels like a term of endearment.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry but he sounds like bad news girlfriend..

Anonymous said...

He IS bad news..oh my god.. I would not waste my time with him.. seriously desi girl, you sound too good for him..

Anonymous said...

You always make yourself too available for him and it comes across as desperation. Don't get stuck on him. There are so many others out there. Move on.

101 Bad Desi Dates said...

Dear Anonymous One -

I know he sounds like bad news. In my brain I know this. And I can at times be VERY logical, then I become all unraveled and unable to resist - I dont even know how and why this keeps happening. Uff-da!

xo,
DG

101 Bad Desi Dates said...

Dear Anonymous -

I know - I just told A1 that he is bad news. Thanks for thinking I'm too good for him :) - ugga-bugga - I seriously need to move the hell on.

xo,
DG

101 Bad Desi Dates said...

Dear Anonymous Three -

I know. Available and desperate. At times I have a very clear view into how pathetic this is. At other times he does something and I reminded of his good qualities. Ack.

xo,
DG