Thursday, August 25, 2011

435. DON’T MAKE ME HAVE A COCKTAIL OF MASSIVE HEADACHE, FOLLOWED BY AN ANXIETY AND INSOMNIA CHASER


“When are you sending me your resume?” Tate asks. I adjust the phone and sigh deeply. Ah yea – okay – so she is right I did commit to send her my edits. Unfortunately, from Town and Country’s fire extinguishers, I went into researching sheet rock, washer, dryers, and kitchen appliances. And we have an “appointment” to meet. At the house. I wanted to meet in broad daylight. He wants to meet on Saturday. So I suggested 2 pm. He suggested 4 pm. I agreed – because he is giving me a massive headache. If he pushes the meet time back any further I will have a panic attack – which will go great with my anxiety and insomnia.

“Uhm – I am working on it,” I reply. “What are you doin’?” she asks. “Uhm, some work – you know for work,” I reply. There isn’t a person in my life that supports this “thing” with Town and Country. So why this doesn’t shake me back into my senses – I don’t know.  “You aren’t doing volunteer paperwork are you? Because your job search needs to be more important than volunteer work,” Tate reminds gently.

“Not to worry – I am doing some real work for a real client,” I reply. “Okay,” she says. “I have a friend whose company is looking for an Executive Assistant – I told her you were looking and they want your resume,” Tate says. “Okay – give me a few hours – I will send you edits,” I reply. “What are you working on?” she asks. “Don’t judge me – Town and Country’s house – I know you don’t like him,” I reply. “Is he paying you?” she asks. “Yes,” I reply. “Okay,” she says. Her tone is neutral, she is not thrilled that he is back – but money pays the bills and buys the shoes.

No comments: